Emerging Design Trends in 2017
The Butler Home Improvement team is driven by our shared passion for creating the most beautiful interior and exterior spaces. From beginning to end, we ensure that your home improvement project incorporates your personal taste while complimenting the structure and style of your home or property.Contact Us! View All Posts
2017 Interior Design Trends
As we dive right into 2017, we can already see several interior decor trends emerging. As we say goodbye to our favorite trends of past years, it is time to inspect what is new, and also decide how we feel about them.
- Gone are the days of tranquil curves. 2017 is introducing geometric patterns with sharp edges and mathematical symmetry.
- Embrace your inner princess/prince as this year utilizes deep jewel tones such as emerald, sapphire, and amethyst.
- Keeping track of your to-do list will be fundamentally easier with the utilization of cork, as decor collides with functionality.
- This year’s tropical trend will expose those of us with green thumbs and those us that are, well, lacking in this area.
- Rich blues have always been fashionable, but this year adopts every hue from sky blue to sapphire to teals to baby blues.
- Earthy accents will be hot this year as we steer away from hard, cold metals to soft, warm woods.
- Stainless steel has dominated kitchen appliances for what feels like an eternity. This year black, stainless steel provides a subtle change.
- Our favorite new trend is the implementation of bold front doors, so grab your paint bucket and a brush and transform that entry door!
What do you think about these new trends? Which ones are you likely to try and likely to say “bye bye”? Let us know how your thoughts!
This article was inspired by realtor.com. Check out their site for more design tips!